Sunday, July 26, 2026

More About Rita

 

Better

You were the better one.
You made me better than I was,
But you were always better.

I got to go live by the beach,
But you got to go live in Heaven.
I miss you, better friend.




Blue

I sent you a stuffed bunny,
pink suede gloves, and
lemon ginger tea last fall.

You gave me a beautifully
illustrated devotional and
lemon ginger cookies.

I can hear your voice 
like water, laughing
softly with love.

You always kept your kids' 
art projects displayed      
that funny ceramic pig.

You, like a kite in the clouds
against a blue sky
on the best of days.




Freedom

You understood small
Pleasures so well, like a cat
On your lap (or dog),

Your patio chair,
Hostas, chirping hopping birds,
A few friends gathered,

Contentment by choice—   
One of your superpowers;
Coffee, cookies, smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment