Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Adventures of Joe, part 7



"Joe! It's okay--Dad's still alive," Boe knew where Joe's thoughts had gone. "But we can't talk to him about this.  I can't tell you anymore than that.  Trust me, it's for everyone's good." Joe sighed, greatly relieved. Kim motioned to Leif, "Bring him the package."  Leif stepped toward Joe quietly and handed him a small black box.  "Here Joe, I made it myself," Leif smiled.  Joe opened it and found what looked like a thumb drive.  Carl explained, "All you have to do is take this, plug it into your dad's computer, and it'll do the rest."

 "So, I take this, plug it into Dad's computer...and then what do I do with it?" asked Joe.  "Bury it," answered Carl. "Just make sure it is sealed back in the box."  "Bury it where?" queried Joe.  "Under the shed, at the center of the back wall," Boe answered.  "The shed in my backyard?" asked Joe, incredulously.  "That's the one," asserted Boe.  "Bury it at least six inches deep, though," added Leif.  "Don't worry, we'll find it there," said Carl.  "You guys are all crazy," Joe said, shaking his head. "Anyway I must be dreaming."

"This is no dream," Kim spoke sharply.  "The future of our country is at stake.  You must follow our instructions exactly.  It's a serious task."  "Then why didn't you get Ray?! He's the serious one!" Joe was getting uncomfortable with all this responsibility.  "Because Ray can't keep his mouth shut," reasoned Carl, "You know he can't." "Argghhh!" cried Joe, "So I guess I don't have any choice." "Not really," Boe smiled, "I know you can do it, Buddy."  He patted Joe on the arm.   "Whatever," muttered Joe.  "Can I go now?  I'm hungry, and if I try to eat something I know I'll wake up--especially if it looks delicious."

No comments:

Post a Comment